A couple questions

A few questions that I have about the Zeus server and its rules/implementations.

What rank does a player have to be to run a Zeus mission? I know you have to be a sergeant or higher to team lead but I am seeing some privates with Zeus tags and was curious. (that’s cool if new players are allowed to Zeus to be clear not trying to say this was a bad thing)

What do I do if there are no sergeants that wish to team lead or there just are no sergeants period? This has happened and at the time I wasn’t clear on the rule and pretty sure a private got the role (and did a very very good job and learned a lot @Ghost) There have also been times where the sergeants present have openly said they really would prefer not to team lead in a serious tone, I never want to make players do something they aren’t comfortable or won’t have fun with.

Would like confirmation that this is the list of things I am able to restrict as a Zeus: Caliber (this has been debated but im pretty sure I can now), Faction (NATO, AAF, CSAT, FIA, etc. , but, If i say NATO only, can I specify CTRG only? or is that not considered faction and is instead overly restricting players?), Clearance on NVGs/Thermals, Uniform camo (MTP, Hex, or other general schemes to identify each other as friendly), and Scope type (saying no ‘Sniper Scopes’)

Before I started zeusing myself I participated in missions where the Zeus ASKED, not DEMANDED that primary weapons be vanilla, if players were comfortable with that. May I REQUEST things like no bergens, no modded primaries, etc so long as it is still allowed for that request to be denied if the player wants to run his or her own thing, but as a Zeus I wish to inform them the mission was made with a certain theme in mind, even if the player chooses to ignore or adapt from the theme?

Suggestion/Question to finish. Can we include a bit about the modded/vanilla equipment plugin on the info boards in spawnbox? letting folks know that they can put on a vanilla loadout, then their modded one after that so that those without mods are not seeing naked dudes running about? Also, is that same plugin able to be done for weapons so the player is holding something vanilla for those that don’t have the mod they are using but the player can still run their desired firearm? Part of the issue for many is that if one guy has an M4 and I’m vanilla, hes holding an invisible gun for me, and some server side script to make it look like hes holding an MX or the last vanilla gun he equipped to those without the mod would be great.

What rank does a player have to be to run a Zeus mission?

There is no required rank. The player must go through training provided by an admin to use a reserved Zeus slot and get the Zeus tags. Anyone, even players without a Zeus tag can use the public Zeus role without Zeus tags, but if a player with Zeus tags joins the public Zeus must end their mission ASAP, 10 min or so.

What do I do if there are no sergeants that wish to team lead or there just are no sergeants period?

The higher rank players should consider taking led type roles, this is one of the things we look for when choosing NAK Elite, but if there is no one willing then if can be offered to the next highest rank.

Would like confirmation that this is the list of things I am able to restrict as a Zeus:

As stated in the Zeus Regulations forum (which all Zeus must follow)

The Zeus can not restrict the mods a player can or can not use. The Zeus may create general restrictions for example to the caliber (7.62 or smaller), faction (NATO, PMC, Opfor) or optics modes (No thermals/No nightvision). Please remember you are creating the mission for the players not for yourself.

When restricting by caliber specifically the Zeus should set the high limit and anything under that limit would be allowed. You can not restrict to a specific weapon or narrow group of weapons. Any restrictions should be very general. There needs to be a valid reason for the mission that is running to add any restrictions.

Faction (NATO, AAF, CSAT, FIA, etc. , but, If i say NATO only, can I specify CTRG only?

Yes you can restrict by faction and even uniforms in general. When I place uniform restrictions I generally do it based on broad categories. MTP or OCP, Black, Civilian,PMC. here needs to be a valid reason for the mission that is running to add any restrictions.

May I REQUEST things like no bergens, no modded primaries, etc so long as it is still allowed for that request to be denied if the player wants to run his or her own thing

No. - Things like restricting, Bergens does nothing, there are many mods the make any backpack equal in size to Bergens, therefor you would be punishing players that do not have a specific mod. Restricting a player to no modded primaries would be a direct violation of the rule “The Zeus can not restrict the mods a player can or can not use.” I think the Zeus needs to be more creative in their mission then trying to restrict what weapon or equipment a player is using.

Would you mind adding this information to the Zeus Rules?

Regards,
NoahD