Accepted - Brandon0sh (Brandon.^) Admin Application

Requirements:
Must Be 18.
Must have TeamSpeak 3 with working mic and speakers or headset.
Must have at least 80 hours on NAK servers.
No bans on NAK Squad servers.
No kicks on NAK Squad servers within 90 days.
Must Speak English.
Respectful, Trustworthy, Fair, Humble, Impartial, Diligent, Conscientious, Ethical, Dignified, Disciplined and Prudent.

Answer these questions. (All questions must be answered accurately and completely). Remember many of the other Admins will only have the information available here to make their decision. Consider this your Admin resume.

1. Steam ID or Profile Link: Steam Community :: Brandon0sh

2. Age: 27 (April 30th 1995)

3. Hours played on NAK servers.:
    Altis | First Seen 4 years ago | Time Played 413:58
    Tanoa | First Seen 4 years ago | Time Played 10:40
    CUP & ACE/Public Zeus | First Seen 2 years ago | Time Played 02:20
    Malden | ~25 hours
    Nak Tac | ~20 hours

4. Total Arma 3 hours: 1211 hours (My profile is private, here is a screenshot)

1. What Is Your Current ArmA 3 Level of Experience: Expert

2. Recommendation from existing Admin (if applicable): N/a

3. Reason for applying: (If your answer to this is anything like “to get rid of trolls” please reconsider your application)
    When I first joined the Administrator team for Nak back in 2019, I was just interested in helping out the community and making sure people followed the rules. My interest quickly evolved into wanting to get people involved in the server and doing events, and to this end I worked with other admins on the team to accomplish this. I’d love to continue that and start working again to get people interested in weekly missions, events, and camraderie. I think it’s very important to the ethos of the Nak community that we are a brotherhood and work together to achieve common goals.

4. List any real-world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community:
    Here in the Naksquad community, I helped to found Nak Tactical Tuesdays which went on to become Nak Ops in the absence of continued Nak Tac operations. This was a weekly event where a large group of players would get together on one of the other servers besides Altis and split into organized squads and work to accomplish large AOs quickly. Oftentimes I would lead the squad in these operations, and my partner admin who is sadly no longer a part of this community would run the command frequency and watch over the mission. I understand that Nak Ops went on to become a lot more than what I originally planned it to be, but I do pride myself in having established that framework.

In terms of real life experience, I worked in sales for 7 years and after that I worked as a professional video editor for a youtube channel for 3 years. I do have a lot of experience editing and could use those skills in my capacity as an administrator to create content for the community, if that was desired.

I have learned a lot about missions and wrangling since my time as an admin, having been a part of several ARMA private military ops groups in a leadership role. A surprising amount of drama can occur in these groups, even if they start off as just friends screwing around in the game for a few hours a week. Adding on this role to my previous administrator knowledge and experience on Naksquad, I believe I do have what it takes to represent the community.

5. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Admin.): I can be active 3-4 hours per day, 3-4 days per week depending on the week.

6. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Admin on NAK servers:
    I believe the most important attribute an admin can possess on Naksquad is the willingness to learn and become more than what they were previously. As I mentioned, I started off my last term merely wanting to defend the rules, but over time I grew into more than that.

You must be able to be trusted with the responsibilities an admin is required to perform.
    You need to have the wisdom to distinguish between when someone made a mistake and when they are being malicious.
    You have to constantly be a respectful and upstanding member of the community. The rules apply to you even more than they do to the average player; you set the example that others will follow.
    Also, being visible within the community is important too. If people see the admins participating in the game and with other players, they will learn to respect them and the rules that much more.

There are very few perks to being an admin; mainly, an admin is expected to put aside their own gameplay in some instances in order to ensure that the rest of the playerbase is still having a good time.

7. Provide any other information that might help us decide why you should be an Admin:
    I have grown a lot as a person in my personal life since I was an admin on Nak squad. My life has changed in crazy, unforseen ways, and not all for the better. But I like to think that I’m capable of leading, and I’d love to be able to help out here once again. Thanks for reading, and fly safe.

TEXN nere,

I apologize for my unfamiliarity with this player, and no knowledge of his actions relating to selection of an administrator. -1

Regards,

I’m going to have to agree with Texn here, I am not familiar with this player, nor his former exploits.
But in my eyes, the recent Game Ban applied to this player’s steam account has thrown a red flag. While this is not an outright thing, to me it shows that if the rules of a game placed by developers cant be followed what does that mean for a servers rules.

It’s fair that you might think that, but it’s actually completely confused me why I got that game ban. It’s for CS:GO, and I haven’t played the game in a long time. I also don’t have any way of appealing the decision, because of the way Valve does its bans, so I guess I just have to take that judgement from you on the chin even though my history here on Naksquad and in Arma is completely clean.

No recent ban history in NAK, good hours, Nak Elite and Nak TAC. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you around a few times on the Altis server and never had an issue with you. I like what I see in your application as well and would be interested in seeing how you perform on our team. +1 from me.

Brandon, good to see you back.

+1 from me. But more time in the community, getting yourself and the team familiar with you again.
(my own words)

PS : I wouldn’t worry about steam bans and VAC bans especially CS:GO

Bearded Reporting,

So, I am unfamiliar with Brandon, but that’s also because I haven’t been in Nak squad during 2019 or before for that matter. But seeing that Brandon here has done a lot for the community, I see no reason to push him away. Besides, unfamiliarity sometimes leads to the best of friends, so this is going to be a +1 from me. We’d be glad to have you back.

Kind Regards,
Bearded

Hi Foxx! Great to see you again too!

Nice to meet you! I hope to get to know you better, too!

• 1 Heard some pretty good things about you over the years. I would like to get to know you more!

Congratulations Application accepted, welcome back to the team!

An email will be sent to you in the next few days, if you see me in TS go ahead and poke me

Thanks to everyone that supported me! I will endeavor to serve you to the best of my ability!

TEXN here,

Congratulations for your selection as Admin. Welcome to the team.

Regards,

Welcome to the admin team