1. Steam ID or Profile Link: 76561198178134441
2. Age: 23
3. Hours played on NAK servers: 864+ Hours (First seen in 2018, fully committed in mid-2021)
4. Total Arma 3 hours: 1,191+ Hours + Additional 850+ Hours from lost account (Lost account in 2016/2017 due to unfortunate issue)
5. What Is Your Current Arma 3 Level of Experience:
Overall, I believe that my Arma III experience is great since the amount of time I have put into this game has been with the NAK Community; spending time with the players and doing my best to enjoy the game with them. My experience with Arma III can be separated into different categories that defines the kind of person I am and what I can provide to the team and community:
Being A Great Listener for the Community:
To me, being a great listener is one of the main things that allows someone to connect with the community. I know that I show this trait in the game because (1) I understand what kind of individual I am dealing with and (2) how I can help them be a part of a group. Everyone is unique in their own way, and as a listener, it is important to understand each person and see where they fit/belong to ensure that they have the best experience in the game. This means helping them fit in (if they wish me to help them, I do not intend to force them) and that they are accepted for what they want to be/do (but also ensuring that they follow the community rules and have some respect for other individuals).
• Speaking with players through Team Speak or in-game chat on Altis or Tanoa
• Providing background information to players who are new to the server(s); what roles are best for what, etc.
• Listening to what players need and want for certain missions, and how a role can affect said mission(s).
Providing Great Leadership and Guidance
When it comes to the idea of leadership, I know that I can handle a large group of individuals when it comes to small- or large-scale missions on the Altis, Tanoa, or Zeus Server. Most of my experience in this field began with my activity on the Altis Server. Usually creating small or large groups to carry out objectives given by the Main or Side Mission(s) that are provided. Months later, this trait transitioned to Zeus Missions, where I believe that I carried out multiple roles in leadership for about 20+ missions (what I recall doing so far, it is not much, but it is a great start). On the other hand, providing guidance to a team or individual is something that a leader must do. When things are done correctly or poorly, it is always best to explain with detail on how things should or should not be done. This allows myself to connect with members to guide them on how to successfully work with each other and with me. At the same time, this also helps me understand what I can do better when taking a leadership role.
• Gaining and training my knowledge of leadership with the help of veteran members.
• Ability to speak clearly and objectively for the team
• Critical thinking skills and ability to make quick decisions under pressure
• Most Importantly: “There is no I in team. A mistake on one, is a mistake on all. Learn from the mistake and do better in the future.”
24/7 Tech Support
Ultimately, I do have a life and I am not always on 24/7, but whenever I am on and someone needs help, I give them my best to help them in any way as a tech support. There have been many times where most of my game time hasn’t just been for playing but trying to make sure that new players (sometimes current ones) have their technical issues with the game or server are fixed. This allows me to connect with the player(s) and so that they can enjoy the game and NAK Servers.
• Taking time and effort to understand answers via forums; showing player(s) where to find their answers and walk them through it
• Team Speak and in-game voice issues while playing the game
• Arma III not loading correctly due to verification of steam account or files
• Mod issues and showing players where to find approved mods; at the same time, explaining to them which mods are the best for experience or performance, etc.
I do not want to speak on behalf of those individuals who I did help, but I do hope that what I do does not go unnoticed so that other players in the community will do the same.
6. Recommendation from existing Admin (if applicable): Michael LeMay
7. Reason for applying:
There are a lot of reasons why I am applying to become a part of NAK Community’s administration team. Ultimately, only three will stick closely to me that defines the kind of person I am. Those three reasons are:
“The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.” – Robert Kennedy
The urge to make a great community for players has always been in my interest to become a part of a team who cares so much about the growth of the community. With my experience I had in the past as being an admin for other games, I believe that I can share those traits here with the NAK Community. As I continue to spend more time with this community, the same feeling of wanting to listen to what the community wants or needs helps me give them a place that they feel comfortable with. This includes allowing them to grow close with everyone here, that they call this place as their “second home”. I am 100% sure that with my kind of personality, being quite friendly and open arms to new or current members, allows me to make this place even better for them to enjoy and remember. At the same time, it allows me to connect with players daily to better understand what they expect and how we, as a team, can do better to provide for those who calls NAK Squad their family/home.
“With great power comes great responsibility.” – Uncle Ben
As an admin, and current NAK Elite member, it is important that my ability to support the team should be based on upholding the community and server rules/guidelines. Daily, whether on the Altis or Zeus Server (where I spend most of my time), I would always make sure that all players follow the rules that they should uphold as members of the NAK Community. This allows the community to be a safe and organized place for new and current members. As someone who has previous administration experience with other games, I do understand how important it is to uphold community rules/guidelines.
“A man grows most tired while standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
I believe personal growth is the last reason why I want to be a part of this team. Constantly moving with the team and community into the future, learning from the mistakes and successes to provide an even better community. Where spending too long and pondering about what to do is not what I tend to do, where quick decision making, and joint communication is key to success. This mindset and motivation to take responsibility for this kind of position with the team will help me grow closer with everyone and the community. At the same time, I will gain more experience and knowledge from veterans to ensure that the future of the NAK Community is safe and sound, not going to waste. When it comes to certain/trying moments, the community will know that they are still in good hands, which I plan to be for them now and into the future. I know, 100%, that I can represent this community to show others of what being a NAK Member truly means and how important it is.
8. List any real-world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community:
Project Engineer Experience (Teamwork + Communication Skills)
With experience in the field of biomedical and nutraceutical/medical engineering, working as a project engineer helped the growth of knowledge with working as a team. This role real-world experience showed me that working as a team gets the job done quicker and smoothly. Thinking with more than one brain allows everyone to come together with different ideas, allowing projects to be more successful. Most of my work has been team-based because of the importance of critical thinking and decision making. It was always best to have more than one opinion so that all options are thought about. I can see this in the NAK Community because not all decisions are made by a single individual, but by a whole. The decisions made to make this community great are based on the ideas and opinions of the administration, but most importantly by the community. Here, my experience with working with teams that consisted of 10+ members shows that I can hold this kind of position with the NAK administration.
Sunday School Teacher (Children and Young-Adults)
As a Sunday school teacher for children and young adults, this opportunity to work with them and teach them taught me patience and listening skills. As I said before, everyone is unique in their own way, and sometimes not everyone will think or act like you. Being a Sunday school teacher for my church allowed me to have a better understanding on how people work and talk to one another. At the same time, having the patience to speak or teach them was key to making a fun and enjoyable environment. With these traits and experience, I know that I can do the same when it comes to working with the community and making the community an even better place for new/current members. As an admin, it is important to have patience with everyone, and to always be open minded to opinions/ideas that are different from my own.
Semi-Fluent in Two Other Languages
Besides speaking English, I can (basic knowledge only) speak Tagalog (Filipino) and Spanish to an extent. My ability to speak these languages can help me help the community in any way. Although it may not be needed, it is a skill that is always good to have (Perhaps for roleplaying reason to make missions more “unique” in their own way). Additionally, this can also help me connect with the community, just to show them that we are all the same and are connected in different ways.
9. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Admin.):
<<< (x) Might be Active; (o) Will be Active >>>
Mondays: (o) 5:30PM to 10:30PM PST
Tuesdays: (x) 5:30PM to 10:30PM PST; (o) 8:30PM to 10:30PM PST
Wednesdays: (o) 5:30PM to 10:30PM PST
Thursdays: (x) 5:30PM to 10:30PM PST or (o) 8:30PM to 10:30PM PST
Fridays: (x) 5:30PM PST to SUNRISE; (o) 8:30PM PST to SUNRISE
Saturdays and Sundays: (Time may vary due to spending time with family or girlfriend)
10. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Admin on NAK servers:
• Capable of supporting the community and the entire team in any way to ensure that server event(s) run smoothly and successfully.
• Available to help players in need, during gameplay or on standby.
• Providing the upmost personality when it comes to following rules and giving the NAK Community and good name to all members.
• Making sure that everyone in the community has fun in our servers and will call our community a second home/family.
• Being Admin will most likely be like the “father/mother-like” figure to the community. Always there when we are needed the most.
11. Provide any other information that might help us decide why you should be an Admin:
I believe that what I have said so far in this application sums up my entire personality and how I see the team would benefit from having me on the team. I may not be perfect; however, I do know that I am willing to give my 100% to ensure that our community thrives and that everyone will enjoy the server(s) and event(s) that we give them now, and in the future. With that being said, thank you for you time and I am looking forward to hearing from you all soon. Thank you!