Balancing, and more uses for cash (NAKPad)

I think the cash system can be used to balance some of the overpowered features within Altis.

For starters, I think setting a dynamic loadout should cost money. It’s very easy for a Neophron pilot to load up 32 scalpels and blow up an entire AO, only to land and do it again. Setting costs for using dynamic loadouts would mean you probably couldn’t use one every time you get in a vehicle. Pilots would have to make due with the default loadout, which isn’t all that bad and provides for more balanced gameplay. $100-200 for a dynamic loadout would be a welcome feature for all but the greediest pilots, and in the long term it would provide a cash sink and reduce the power of CAS.

Second, I think HALO jumping should cost a modest fee, say $25-50. Currently I’ve noticed a lot of players will recklessly HALO into the dead center of an AO and die fairly quickly. It’s a very spammable mechanic and takes away from the role of transport and often results in unintentional teamkilling when players are unexpectedly among dozens of enemies. If the HALO jump timer is not returned, there should be some other cost of using the feature.

I do agree with the HALO cost as thats a grea tidea, promotes using transport more and less reckless HALO jumping. However they should change the amount you get for each mission.

For example completing an AO should reward you $50.
Maybe missions within the AO (Destroy Radio Tower, Defuse Bomb) should be $10 each upon completion.
Side Missions (Destroy CSAT Plane, Prototype Tank) should be $25 upon completion.

Medical should stay the same as that is a fair price.

At this point we will not be adding a cost to HALO, but we will keep it in mind. You have to understand that I am against hindering the game of the majority of players so that 4 or 5 players feel as if they have a task to perform. We are working on ways to encourage players to use transport pilots, but I will not punish them for not.

We have had many complaints that the pilots often run sorties at the AO without any consideration for infantry. They have asked that all pilot sorties must be requested by JTAC or similar, but this would hinder the pilots game in a similar way that removing Halo would hinder the infantries game, which is why it was not considered.

We are constantly looking for way to improve the systems. Keep in mind when making suggestions, that when deciding if we are going to implement a feature we consider: Effect on server performance; Unfair advantage to one of more groups; Impedes game play ; etc.

Is there any chancein the future we would have the capability of spawning a AI to be apart of your squad as it would be benificial for those who would like a driver for say a tank so that they can command them on where to go but the price of a AI would be $500 - $750 and could be placed with the supply drop.

Also for the supply drop will we ever have the chance to have vehicles dropped in from the air if we bought them, prices would probably be in the thousands but is it possible for that?

Is there any chance in the future we would have the capability of spawning a AI to be apart of your squad as it would be beneficial for those who would like a driver for say a tank so that they can command them on where to go but the price of a AI would be $500 - $750 and could be placed with the supply drop.

We are looking into options for spawning AI (specifically for the reasons you mentioned and gunners for armed heli’s), there are a lot of issues that need to be looked at, but it is on the To Do list.

Also for the supply drop will we ever have the chance to have vehicles dropped in from the air if we bought them, prices would probably be in the thousands but is it possible for that?

It is a possibility, but I do not see it in the near future.

I know one of the issues with vehicles, is having to drive vehicles across the map, when no transport pilots are available. We are working on the idea of FOB’s. FOB’s would be located much closer to the AO’s and would initially be controlled by Opfor. Bluefor would have to take control of the FOB by eliminating the enemy. Once controlled the FOB would be owned by bluefor. Once owned the FOB could be used as a spawn/teleport point, and arsenal area, a vehicles spawn point, and an approved mortar location. Every 15 - 30 minutes the enemies would attack and the FOB would have to be defended. If the AI gain control then bluefor looses the spawn location and the additional benefits until it is recaptured. The idea is there could be multiple FOB locations depending on the number of players online.

What about paying for dynamic loadouts? They are very overpowered and causes pilots to neglect their AA capabilities in lieu of ATGMs. I think having more hostile CAP would solve the problem too. Consider a 20% chance of spawning 2 shiekras/gryphons instead of 1. This would be a great challenge for the slower CAS aircraft and make pilots think about bringing extra AA missiles. It’s also more realistic as fighter jets often fly in formation.

I do not foresee that happening. Once you start having to pay for everything you basically have a warlords server, which was removed for lack of use. The original purpose for the funds was to allow player to purchase perks that were not currently available through other means on the server. There are no plans to restrict the current system and require players to purchase functions/features to get back to where we are today. i.e. there are no plans, nor do I foresee, requiring players to purchase dynamic loadouts.

I believe that the current enemy AA and enemy air assets is at the correct level. FYI the way the current system works, you will often get 2 enemy jets spawning at the same time, there is just no practical way to make them “fly in formation”.

As a transport pilot i have made a raft of suggestions about HALO that might make players use transport more often. Still, I often play on the less populated servers - sometimes alone just for the challenge. These are situations where transport is not available or is impractical, and HALO becomes necessary. From my experience on all three of the current servers I would have to say that, IMO, Altis would be the only practical venue on which to implement HALO restrictions, and I would welcome them there.