[CAS] Neophron Video Tutorial

[size=150]Author: [color=#FF0000]Andeddu [NAK Elite][/color]

The topic of Guide or Information: [color=#FFFF00]To-199 Neophron VIDEO TUTORIAL [/color] [color=#FFFF80]- How to engage an AO from start to finish -[/color]

Last Edit Date: [color=#00FF00]03.12.2020[/color][/size]

[align=center]
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTtt7R_OvdM[/media]
[/align]

[color=#FF40FF]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[size=150][color=#00FF80]Let’s talk about a bit about Objectivity and Subjectivity[/color][/size]

[color=#FF40FF]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[float=left][color=#00FF80]Subjectivity:[/color][/float] There is a lot of bad information floating out there in the “pilot community” or should I say, wannabe pilots. I say this because Arma is not an easy game to figure out on your own, its a big game with a ton of content, but most important aspect is the bugs and tricks of the game that you start to learn eventually and only once you got to know most of 'em, you can start to call yourself a decent pilot, because if the enemy doesn’t kill you, Arma will!

That being said, we as players (gamers) have a starting flaw when we play a new game, or taking a new role in that game, where in real life you would spend months and maybe even years to learn a new skill, in gaming we start from zero. So your best chance to get good so you can actually enjoy the game better, try and watch other players and learn from them as best you can. Because let’s be honest, we all say we’re having fun but the moment we start dying and run out of excuses, we suddenly remember that we have other things to do.

[float=left][color=#00FF80]Objectivity:[/color][/float] Why did i mention the things above? Because we need to address them to get to the following. Being a decent pilot can be achieved in time, being a good pilot its a bit harder. You can watch as many tutorials as you want, but its one thing to watch something and another thing to understand why and how, to do that you need a set of rules. For example, we all want to have fun, naturally, but playing for fun brings you up to a point where you can’t really progress and if you do it’s too slow. Playing to kill on the other hand will make you strive for more and more. And with that mentality you can be motivated enough to actually see your mistakes and most importantly learn from them, thus adding and following your rules. Rules that spawn from you learning from your mistakes like:

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Play to kill and your reference point should be the scoreboard. [/color] That alone shows you and everyone else, how efficient you are and how good you are. Don’t make it into an obsession like me, but it should guide you overall. People that pretend to not care about that, they’re not lying to you but to themselves. True or false that should be your belief!

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. [/color]Most players just hope for the best and always come unprepared and re-making the same mistake over and over. This simple rule can generate a ton of precautions, like be more equipped to deal with 2 enemy jets instead of one; have a more balance payload; run when you think there’s no chance or simply pop-up the map and look left and right for enemy jets before you take off on the runway. And if you’re smart enough, wait for the enemy jet to fly in front of you so when you take off you’re gonna be behind him, you need some time and distance from the airfield since you can’t shoot above it.

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Be objective about everything.[/color] It will make it easier not to lie to yourself why you made that mistake and to help you evaluate more efficient ways to deal with your situation in the future.

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Keep your cool. [/color] Don’t let your emotions get the best of you, it’s only a game it’s not real life.

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Get to know the players on the scoreboard.[/color] Who they are, what skills they have and what and why they do what they do. This will help you play with or against them better.

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Do not trust anyone.[/color] Don’t think that X player has your back, best case scenario he’s gonna be bate, worst case scenario he’s gonna get you killed simply due to the fact that you though he has your back. Prepare for the worst, remember?

[color=#FF00FF]>[/color] [color=#FFFFFF]Never break your own rules, even if it looks more convenient or easy, do not![/color] You will regret it and you’re already developing a bad behaviour.

[color=#FFFFBF]Let’s leave it here for now with the general rules you got the overall idea.[/color]

[size=150][color=#00FF80]Right, lets get down to business now![/color][/size]

[[float=left][color=#00FF80]Experience:[/color][/float] It’s my experience but also of others that the Neophron is the best CAS plane on the server for the current AOs and how they’re set up. I’ve seen a few other good pilots playing this plane and they all had the same exact style and score at the end, more or less.

[float=left][color=#00FF80]Survivability:[/color][/float] Why do I think it’s the best CAS plane, simple. If we’re gonna compare the Neo to something, we have to do it with the Wipeout no doubt. The Neo is faster and much more manoeuvrable, that alone helps you dodge AA missiles either from the ground of from the air, this adds in a way to your defaces and survivability, equals less time dead more time alive above the AO killing stuff.

[float=left][color=#00FF80]Weponry:[/color][/float] Compared to the Wipeout the Neo can hold up to 4 Skalples per pylon instead of 3 like its counterpart. It may not seem like much, but if you have 4 pylons with 4 skaples that’s 16 compared to 12. It also can carry 20 Tratnyr HE per pylon unlike 7 HE that the Wipeout can hold. Let’s be modest and say that around 15 Tratnyr HE rockets are close to a cluster bomb, in fact lets lie and say a full pylon of 20 Tratnyr HE is equal to a cluster bomb, still wont excuse why you should prefer a cluster bomb instead of the Tratnyrs. You can either launch the Tratnyrs before passing the AO or when your above them, unlike the Cluster. You can shoot as many as you want depending on how many enemies in that zone and keep the renaming for other groups. HE missiles can blow up light vehicles if they are hit directly, unlike a cluster. You can danger close with HE and choose to fire as many as you want where you want. And to be fair, 80 HE (4 pylons) is like having close to 8 clusters (8 pylons). Sahr-3, probably the best Fox 2s ingame as they have a decent G pull and a high explosive payload, unlike the Wipeout with its ASRAM medium-fast G pull small payload or Falchion-22 low-slow G pull and medium explosive payload. GPU-12s, never and I mean NEVER, use them on Neophron planes. On this server, the only reason you want a GBU-12 is to destroy a radio tower, otherwise there are much more efficient weapons to deal with vehicles, infantry or whatever you find in the AO. With roughly 20 to 30 Tratnyr HE you can drop a radio tower if you can aim right. So no point in have a GBU-12 or more, for any reason, period! The rest of the weapons, disregard them as you do not need anything else besides these 3 types of weapons: Sahr-3 / Skalples / Tratnyrs.

[float=left][color=#00FF80]Skalples:[/color][/float] Let’s make a sub-category for 'em too, since I already explain a bit about the rest and since it’s very, very important why you should always use them. First of all you have the option to either Lock on vehicles or Camera Guide them and TV guide them.

[color=#FFFFFF][float=left]TV GUIDE[/float][/color] - Yes, you can press L-ctrl+M to view the map and then [ to change that into a secondary radar, or actually the warhead’s head of the skalple and as you lauch one, you get to see in 1st person how it looks. Do it once, then don’t.

[color=#FFFFFF][float=left]LOCK ON[/float][/color] - Lock on vehicles, a bad idea. If you do that, then use Macers or something else. They’re much faster and one hit kill from any and all angles of the impact. But why do that, why see that your Macers have no effect as they immediately use their counter measures (smoke screen), right? Oh, you think you’re smart and you’re gonna fly fast and low so they don’t have the time to do that? Uninstall! That way you will be very very vulnerable to the Nyx AA that you probably have no idea that they’re still there, engine off and zero head signature on FLIR. Most pilots say no AA on AO once the Rhea system is down and no more Tigris. Also, lets not forget about the Titan AA Trypods or the AA titans that infatery have. You will get hit sooner or later. Also, you have to do passes over the AO each on each vehicle, taking you some sweet time to do that for each vehicle out there, while your ground troops are getting shredded and the other jets are “helping” you too as best as they can, thus you losing kills and points.

[color=#FFFFFF][float=left]CAM GUIDE[/float][/color] - So lets talk about Camera Guided. You simply fly above the AO at a safe distance away from any AA Titans, and just look down and launch Skaples at vehicles. Since you do that, most of them they’re gonna hit from above, making each vehicle a one hit kill. Some, may require and additional skaples as your previous hit from the side, due to your altitude and distance via their path of flight. And you can even shoot the vehicles that have a cold engine, that can not be locked upon. You can even skaple infatery if there are no more vehicles. But the 2nd most important aspect, is that they are the best tool, as a pilot, to take down SAM sights light the Rhea from long range, up to 9km away. Make sure your ingame view distance is at max (not the server view distance) otherwise it will not go beyond your view distance. Fly high enough or low enough, but far enough and engage that Rhea system once you know its location. And if you still get engaged because you’re under its 8km range, you have more than the same amount of seconds to dodge the missiles. It’s your job to make the entire MAP free of SAM sights so that CAP can navigate anywhere in order to engage the enemy jets and to better protect you without them being blown up by the SAM sights that you refuse to engage. Your job as CAS is to engage or help engage enemy jets as priority, afterwards RHEA System + CRONO Radar and the rest of the SAM sights or AAA on the map, afterwards you can get the AA on the AOs and eventullay whats left. Fail to do so in that order, and you will get shut down by enemy jets, because you thought CAP is gonna do its job, or forgot about the Rhea system or some other SAM sight that its either being coordinated by CRONOS radar or you’re just above it and its bye bye.

[color=#00FF00]PS:[/color] [color=#00BF00]Skalples will guide themselves to their target once your out of your CAM GUIDE mode for reasons like you need to dodge AA missiles. But keep the plane in such a manner that the camera still have an angle (under your plane) to the target.

[/color]

[size=150][color=#00FF80]Neophrone Payloads via Status of AO[/color][/size]

[color=#00FF00][i][b][float=left]NEW AO[/float][/b][/i][/color]
Pylon 1: [color=#FFFF00]1x Sahr-3 [/color]
Pylon 2: [color=#FFFF00]1x Sahr-3[/color]
Pylon 3: [color=#FF0000]4x Skalple[/color]
Pylon 4: [color=#FF0000]4x Skalple[/color]
Pylon 5: [color=#FF8000]1x Tratnyr 20 HE[/color]
Pylon 6: [color=#FF8000]1x Tratnyr 20 HE[/color]
Pylon 7: [color=#FF0000]4x Skalple[/color]
Pylon 8: [color=#FF0000]4x Skalple[/color]
Pylon 9: [color=#FFFF00]1x Sahr-3[/color]
Pylon 10: [color=#FFFF00]1x Sahr-3[/color]

[color=#00FF00][i][b][float=left]AO AFTER DOWNED AA[/float][/b][/i][/color]
Pylon 4: [color=#FF8000]1x Tratnyr 20 HE[/color]
Pylon 7: [color=#FF0000]4x Skalple[/color]

[color=#00FF00][i][b][float=left]AO AFTER DOWNED VEHICLES[/float][/b][/i][/color]
Pylon 4: [color=#FF8000]1x Tratnyr 20 HE[/color]
Pylon 7: [color=#FF8000]1x Tratnyr 20 HE[/color]
[color=#FF0000][i]NOTE THAT YOU STILL HAVE 8 SKAPLES THAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT USE, IT MIGHT GO DEFEND AND NEW VEHICLES WILL SPAWN OR YOU MIGHT NEED THEM FOR SOMETHING ELSE.[/i][/color]

[color=#FF40FF]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[size=150][color=#00FF80]With everything being said, I hope you will better understand the Tutorial and why you should try this plane and this build[/color][/size]
[color=#FF40FF]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

Best of luck!

what times do you usually play EST?

EST 13:00 to 15:00 and 01:00 to 03:00… usually. Or you can steam me up. Steam Community :: Andeddu

Good video andeddu!! Well worth a watch :+1:t2::+1:t2:

So shiny, everything has colors. That’s what I call dedication. Good job.

If you guys have any questions, please feel free to poke me on steam or on TS.

PS: For some reason, i can’t link videos so i can’t edit my original post.