Denied - Beets Is God admin application

1. Steam ID or Profile Link: beets_is_god
  2. Age (Must be at least 18 years old): 33
  3. Hours played on NAK servers. (Must have at least 50 hours on NAK servers): 54**(see attached)**
  4. Total Arma 3 hours: 165**(see attached)**
  5. Recommendation from existing Admin(if given): none
  6. Reason for applying: Well I work 3rd shift so I play a lot during times I notice admins aren’t available would like to fill the gap.
  7. List any real world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community: Oh man where to begin? Real world experience.
    Hmmm. Well served in the US Army for 6 years as a Combat Engineer. Certified master trainer in Urban and close quarters combat. Before I was medically retired I was promotable to the rank of Staff Sergeant. So I know what it means to be a leader. How to remain fair and impartial.
  8. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Admin.): Well I get off work usually around 4am central US time I play from 430 to about 7am. I wake up and play from about 1 pm till 6 pm. Weekends if I don’t have to work I’m on most of the day and night.
  9. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Admin on NAK servers: Being an admin to me is ensuring that everyone playing to have fun on NAK servers is just that. That they are having fun. Like today playing as me and my infantry team are assaulting an objective we got destroyed by our own CAD not once but twice. We all hollered for admin but no one replied. And the perpetrator continued to play instead of being temporarily removed from the server. So it’s about keeping the peace and ensuring a fun environment for all involved

I would like to see you on more because i have never seen you before in TS or in game. could be due to the different time zones but more activity will give more of a chance to become moderator or admin.

Sure. But unless your on during these times you won’t see me.

I don’t think I’ve seen you before on our servers. I am on usually throughout the day.

I’ve played on them everyday for the last few weeks since I bought the game. I play a couple hours a day before work. Usually running around with a guy named saltymedpac. Usually on the Altis server.

-1 A day prior to your application you stated our rules were silly yet you apply to uphold them. The reason we have rules regarding pilots be in teamspeak is to promote cohesion and limit the amount of issues that arise from players not communicating. Also, to explain why the 10 min cool-down on halo jumping exists; it is to allow transport pilots a job and also limit the amount of players who halo in and die immediately. Only then to halo back in and repeat the process. You have called others names in-game on multiple occasions. I have posted some of the players chat logs below if anyone is interested.

07/13/2017 11:00 AM - CST
(Side)
Beets Is God:
ignorant ass child

07/25/2017 4:48 PM - CST
(Side)
Beets Is God:
think i might start a server without all the silly rules. lol

07/25/2017 4:47 PM - CST
(Side)
Beets Is God:
why is TS required when the game gives you a multiple channels to chat? seems counter productive

07/26/2017 3:28 PM - CST
(Side)
Beets Is God:
stop with the team killing you stupid children

-1 If i was the one who made an admin app i would actually give players little warnings like “join TS if there a pilot”. I would also read our rules for the servers to get a better understanding on what i would need to work on and inform other players if they are doing some sort of behaviour that NAk doesn’t tolerate. I would also recommend that you would be in TS every time you join and not just be on the server and also be more part of the community.

Fair enough.

07/13/2017 11:00 AM - CST (was acting like an ignorant child) the ass probably a little over the top
(Side)
Beets Is God:
ignorant ass child

07/25/2017 4:48 PM - CST (this one i honestly was probably just going along with the rest of chat)
(Side)
Beets Is God:
think i might start a server without all the silly rules. lol

07/25/2017 4:47 PM - CST (this is/was a legitimate question so to call me out on this is uncool)
(Side)
Beets Is God:
why is TS required when the game gives you a multiple channels to chat? seems counter productive

07/26/2017 3:28 PM - CST (ah yes this. because getting team killed over and over and over again everyone asking for an admin and nothing being done. lets just allow the team killing to continue.)
(Side)
Beets Is God:
stop with the team killing you stupid children

its whatever man i dont care anymore. i enjoy playing on your server but it seems as if you dont have enough admin to handle the task. granted i act over the top but being from the military being a combat soldier dealing with people who act and pretend they are military then to go and act like they do with the team killing and all the other B.S. that goes on and nothing get done about it i figured i might be able to tone myself down and help yall out considering my extensive experience in the real world. something that i notice is highly lacking when it comes to playing here. its fine you can reject my application and i will think nothing less of it.

i will however continue to play here and try to be more respectful of your rules. thanks anyways. i guess ill just continue my path of when i started this game to give me something to occupy my time when im off work and nothing more.

We are fine with you continuing to play on our servers but since you made an admin app this is not to be taken lightly. your pun that you tried to make is no laughing matter, this application should be taken as a job application like in the real world.

like Yogi said we have rules for a reason and if your just starting out you can make a document saying why we should change this rule but you have to back it up with some sort of evidence. And to me as an admin on NAk i feel like you where trying to advertise your own server so maybe read the rules before you apply and that also goes to any the is wanting to become an admin on NAK.

Your legitimate question. “why is TS required when the game gives you a multiple channels to chat? seems counter productive”, Because TS allows us to have a better communication system to talk to ground units and to pilots in any server. TS can also provide better ways to communicate like TFR. Since you made an admin app how can you properly administrate when your not on TS and only hear half the story.

We do not take TKing lightly around here. But its not the fact we called you out on the “stop with the team killing”. Its what you said after that, that concerns me. What you typed is at least a kick-able/ban-able offence.

Well if you knew that you were going to be denied on your admin app then why would you make one? We have multiple head admins, admins, and moderators that are able to handle any task that comes there way. Its good that you serve or served in the military but we do not act like we are some sort of officer from the military.

To wrap things up if feel that you should have made this app a little later down the track, so that it gives you time to introduce yourself in the NAk community and to all our moderators, admins and head admins. PS. keep the toxic language to a minimum please.

yup

You are welcome to reapply once you have more experience in Arma 3 and our servers.