Please use the temple below for your ban appeal.
- EXACT IN-GAME NAME: Adam N.
- YOUR STEAMID 64: 76561198150544938
- SCREENSHOT OF THE BAN MESSAGE OR THE TEXT OF THE MESSAGE DISPLAYED UPON ENTERING THE SERVER: https://i.imgur.com/Noi4URO.png
- NAME OF THE ADMIN: VileAce
- APPROXIMATE DATE AND TIME OF THE BAN: July 2018
- THE SERVER YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU WERE BANNED: NAK Altis Invade & Annex (I think)
- ANY EXPLANATION OR JUSTIFICATION FOR WHY THE BAN SHOULD BE LIFTED: In my last appeal you claimed you received reports that I claimed to be telling members I “ran” NAK servers. I’m not to sure where I ever claimed to run any NAK servers. I’ve never once claimed that whatsoever to my best knowledge. If you have any proof of that and are willing to provide me with that, that’d be greatly appreciated, and I will be more than happy accept that as fact. However, I’ve never to my knowledge once claimed to own anything relating to Arma 3 servers, as I don’t know anything about them. I don’t even know how to purchase a server. I don’t see why it’d be a valid reason to deny an appeal 2 years later for a report you received at the time that had no evidence to back it up (to my knowledge), and I was never warned about or had any knowledge of being reported for.
In regards to the 24 hour ban, I personally believe that time was rightfully served for what I did wrong. It was a 24 hour ban, and the 24 hours were served, as they have been for now almost 2 years. I was told by my friend to type the joke I was telling him, and myself being young and dumb at the time I did. That was meant as a joke, as it was directly quoting a Bo Burnham joke I was telling him. I do not see how that ban still should affect this one which was unrelated. Again, I accept that I messed up here, have owned up to it, apologized to you, my friend, and others in game about it after I was banned for it almost 2 years ago now. If it’s because you, or others, believe I genuinely meant that for what I said, regardless of the context of it being a joke or not; I simply didn’t. I found it funny at the time an wanted to share it with my friend and others who’d have also maybe found it funny. I’m an openly gay man, which is why I found the joke comical at the time because of the absurdity of it. I again see why it may have been offensive, regardless of the context, and I again apologize for that – it wasn’t appropriate then, nor it is appropriate now. However, I genuinely don’t believe that should affect this appeal as the time that has passed since it happened, the time served for it, and the apologies given for it in the past.
“With that and the fact that at the time of the recruiting ban the Bohemia group owned by you listed the NAK Server as belonging to the group”; I listed the server at the time because I was attempting to run the unit in the server, which at the time I had failed to see was against the rules, and mistakenly did not check with the admins about beforehand. My plan with that, which again I failed to see problematic at the time, was to have the people I usually played with in the server in a dedicated unit on the server, so we could all have the cool emblems of our “Task Force” on our uniforms that we role played with at the time while playing on NAK. Again, I accept responsibility for this, and I am sorry. It was against the rules, and I see that now and apologize.
I please ask that you re-consider your stance on this decision, or even explore getting others opinions on it to see what they think as well before making a final decision.
I’ve never once come on the NAK servers with ill intentions, despite it seeming like I may have done so at the time. I was young and dumb, and I own up to that. I’ve made many poor decisions then, but since figured out who I am, and matured. I’ve never meant to offend anyone, or “entice users” away from your servers whatsoever. I sincerely do apologize if I had offended or enticed players at the time. It’s been nearly 2 years since this had taken place, and all I am simply asking for is a second chance.
I’ve grown, I’ve matured, and I’ve learned from my past that this was unacceptable. NAK was the only server I played Arma 3 for, and quite frankly it’d still be the only server I’d play on if I had that ability. I believe most people would agree, I wouldn’t – or for that matter most people wouldn’t be coming back and trying to appeal a 2 year old ban if they really did not care to have made right, or prove that they have changed. All I am pleading with you for is another chance so I can prove to you that I’m no longer the person I was 2 years ago. I hate to use the clique, but I really have changed for the better. I’m willing to accept responsibility for what I did then. Again, I see now that it was wrong and against the rules that at the time I hadn’t cared to read until it was too late, and I apologize and promise to do better in the future if given another chance. I would forever grateful and forever in your debt. Please, have mercy.