Denied (Perm - Conditional) - SFC. Weiser, Banned for "Recruiting"

Please use the temple below for your ban appeal.

1. EXACT IN-GAME NAME: SFC. Weiser
    (Yes, we will know if you attempted to change your name, all aliases are bound to your steam account. Provide the name you were using when you were banned.)
  2. YOUR STEAMID 64: 76561198316743865
    Instructions to retrieve your SteamID 64
    Option 1
    Access your Steam Community Profile URL in any web browser
    At the end of the URL add ‘?xml=1’ without quotations and press Enter.
    The web page will change; search for ‘’ and copy the number immediately following.
    Option 2
    Use https://steamidfinder.com/
  3. SCREENSHOT OF THE BAN MESSAGE OR THE TEXT OF THE MESSAGE DISPLAYED UPON ENTERING THE SERVER:
  4. NAME OF THE ADMIN: Wave
    (Appears in the ban message)
  5. APPROXIMATE DATE AND TIME OF THE BAN: Either Yesterday or the day before that
  6. THE SERVER YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU WERE BANNED: NAK Altis Server
  7. ANY EXPLANATION OR JUSTIFICATION FOR WHY THE BAN SHOULD BE LIFTED: I was doing the CIA Operative with my friend and i asked if he wanted to play a single player mission of mine, of which i worked on for days for us to play. And that counts as recruiting? Im sorry, that just doesnt make sense.

I am going to let Wave reply to your appeal as he is the one that heard the statement that qualified as recruiting and entered the ban, but I want to understand, what about the rule is not clear or does not make sense?

Referring to the rule definition below:
Did you use our resources? In your case, the game server in group chat? Yes
Did you entice players away from NAK resources? In your case asked them to leave our server and to play somewhere else? Yes

This is recruiting as defined by our rules. So that there is no misunderstanding we provided a clear definition of what we define to be recruiting. You agreed to those rules when you joined the server. We even state that if you want to do things like what you did, to “Use resources not provided by NAK Squad to send such information.”

RULE #15) No recruiting
First Offense: Based on severity, up to a permanent ban.

Recruiting is not allowed on the server. Using any NAK resources including, but not limited to, game servers, TeamSpeak or website, to recruit or entice players away from NAK resources is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to links or references to other groups, games, or servers which includes Discord links. Use resources not provided by NAK Squad to send such information.

Hello SFC. Weiser,

We at NAK Squad put alot of time, money and effort into hosting Arma 3 servers and running a community that is open to all players, free of charge. Asking players to leave NAK servers to go play your scenario takes away from our community, and goes in against rule 15 (which you can read here):

“Using any NAK resources including, but not limited to, game servers, TeamSpeak or website, to recruit or entice players away from NAK resources is not allowed.”

So when you asked other players in your group to leave the server and come play your scenario, you were breaking rule 15.

EDIT: It appers VileAce beat me to an explanation behind the reasoning. In regards to the appeal part: I am currently not seeing any reason to remove or reduce the ban as it was a clear violation of the rule. If you feel there is any argument that you would want to add as in why it should not be a permanent ban, this would be the moment to post it for me to take it into consideration.

So my friend (who will come back to the NAK server everytime he can) playing one of my missions for 30 minutes is taking away from your playerbase? So a person who has HOURS, Months even on your server playing a mission i created is taking away from the playerbase? Im sorry but if that is how you think i will not argue it. Thanks for your time atleast.

Nowhere in the rule does it say take away from our player base. It says “entice players away from NAK resources”, which you did. He was playing on our server, using our resources you suggest to him to leave and join your “server” which he did, I would say that is “entice players away from NAK resources”.

We display the rules everywhere we can. We can not make you read them, you don’t even have to like them but you agreed to them.

Ok, i admit defeat. I understand what you mean now, and i apologize for it. If ti wasnt for your server i couldnt hav emet my friends that i know now. So thanks for allowing me to play for a little while at least, though i am sad i have to go. And i will admit it was stupid of me to break any rules, yet again i am sorry. Have a good day, gentlemen.

I understand what i did wrong now, could there be any possibility for the ban to be lowered to 7 days or anything other than permenant?

at this moment I do not see any reason to lower or remove the ban. You may put in a ban appeal in 6 months to have this ban reviewed.