Help on Liberation server play

Got onto the new LIB server today for a while. Really enjoyed it and think it has huge potential in many ways. I read the FAQ a couple times but still had trouble with understanding what some of the map icons were. Sadly, my session ended with an unintended TK because I misidentified a player as AI. The map showed an AI sniper, which I marked, but when I went back into play I shot what I thought was that sniper near my marker - a guy in a Ghillie - MY guy it turns out! I am used to playing on the three main servers where friendlies are marked with an icon in play. Unless I’m missing something, it seems that system is not used on this server, and you just have to use the map continuously to try and sort the friendlies from the AI. Is this correct? Any advice?

Hey Bosco, no hard feelings. I tried to communicate with you via the side chat that you blew up a friendly in a verhicle, which you sadly missed (and you gave me a faceful of lead after lol).

Try the scroll wheel menu, and then selecting extensive options or extra options (The one marked in Yellow). Then select the options to show all players Tags, Units and Platoons. This should give all units their player names above them, but also highlight their hexes as greeny yellow.

Lastly, come join us in the teamspeak if you are up for it. With this role dependency, coordination is vital, and its a nice hangout if you feel like it. Otherwise, Side is a usefull tool at this moment (we have let the rule of no voice in side slide at this moment, it is mostly being effectively used and hasn’t been a nuisance up till so far).

This is currently posted on the home page, until a few minutes ago it was directly under the chat, The more link is where you will find, I think what you are looking for (make sure to view all the tabs):

NAK Squad Liberation
The area has fallen to the enemy, and it is up to you to take it back. Embark with your teammates on a persistent campaign that will span several weeks of real-time to liberate all the major cities of the area.

Experience a massive CTI campaign with up to 200 different capturable settlements across the entire area
Cooperative gameplay
A commander role to take care of the planning, production, logistic and AI commanding
Recruitable AI troops to fill the gaps
Buy troops and vehicles using three different types of resources
Build the FOB of your dreams with an in-game “what you see is what you get” system
Fight aggressive and cunning hostile forces who react and adapt to your actions
Learn that every window is a threat thanks to the custom urban combat AI
Accomplish meaningful secondary objectives that will benefit your progression

MORE

I’m with you Bosco19. Really fun and amazing idea for a server but I have also just completely embarrassed myself by having 2 TK’s (sorry again Graham and Honey Badger). I’m finding it hard to switch off from the I&A Altis server so im WAY too trigger happy. I think it’s going to take a little adjusting. I think next time I will spawn as a medic with an SMG to just support other players until I get used to it.