Name Ban only (Perm) - BattleEye Error Possibly

Its not a ban or misconduct but I don’t know of any other forum on where to start. I have played for two days on the server with a few others from other games and when I try to connect to the NAK#1 Altis server, i get an immediate kick before even connecting. The kick message is as follows.

“You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Kick (This name is not allowed on the server. Visit our website and vi))”

\

1. EXACT IN-GAME NAME:
    gigas
  2. YOUR STEAMID 64:
  3. SCREENSHOT OF THE BAN MESSAGE OR THE TEXT OF THE MESSAGE DISPLAYED UPON ENTERING THE SERVER:
    I have taken one but I don’t have an image hosting account
  4. NAME OF THE ADMIN:
    BattleEye?
  5. APPROXIMATE DATE AND TIME OF THE BAN: n/a
  6. THE SERVER YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU WERE BANNED: NAK#1 Altis
  7. ANY EXPLANATION OR JUSTIFICATION FOR WHY THE BAN SHOULD BE LIFTED: What’s wrong with the name gigas?

The restriction is exactly what it says “This name is not allowed on the server.” You will need to change your profile name to connect to our servers. The name is to close to a racial slur.

If its the word I believe you are referring to, the two are nowhere close to being similar in my opinion.

Firstly, “Gigas” has its origins in the Greek Language and actually bears the meaning of “giant". Its where the word “gigantic” and other adjectives are created from. Its also the prefix for many root words to many occupations, most notably in the IT field. Gigahertz, Gigabyte, Gigawatt, and so forth.

Secondly, and this is my thought based on prior gaming experience, if “gigas” was so close to being a racial slur, why does it pop up in nearly every major RPG and MMORPG in the name of some overly large monster that’s either in the main story line or the main boss in side quests?

You are welcome to your opinion. I chose to restrict the name weighing your inconvenience against the 13,000 other players that connect to our server every month. I will restrict any name that has the potential of being inflammatory. Imagine a player in voice chat calling out “giga’s enemies behind you”. There is a large chance that it will be misunderstood and taken the wrong way. We are not preventing you from connecting to the server just the profile name. It takes about 10 seconds to change your profile name, which you have now done, eliminating the possibility of a misunderstanding.

When I saw the profile name, I did not kick you from the server immediately, I sent you a private message that the next time you joined the server you would need to change your profile name, then I added the name to our restricted names list.

Weighing your inconvenience of changing your name when you only had a couple hours on the server against the potential of a future issue, I elected to to have you change your name early before you had more hours on the server where changing your profile name might have been more of an inconvenience.