Reduced (7 days) - Mouse (aka Dyslexic) - Ban Appeal 6/1/19

Just started playing, have 20hrs in and have been loving the co-op server. was recently sighting in on enemies at 1100m, i fired rounds towards the hill with tracers and was quickly banned for 24hrs sighting Rule #3. My spotter friend was also confused by this reasoning. I’m not sure I violated that rule as no blue circled friendly was near. GOlden was the player responsible the decision.

First, you need to use the template provided for ban appeals.

1. Exact in-game name. (Yes, we will know if you attempted to change your name, all aliases are bound to your steam account, so give us all of your aliases)
  2. Player Steam profile copy here (ex:> Steam Community :: claws01> )
  3. Screenshot, or word for word the ban message given upon entering.
  4. Name of the admin, and approximate time of ban and the server you were banned from.
  5. Any explanation or justification. The reason the ban should be lifted.

Please note:
*All bans are reviewed on a case by case basis.
*The banning admin and head admins have the final say on whether or not a ban should or shouldn’t be modified.
*Admins and players, can be used as witnesses to make statements for or against the ban modification.
*Any bans regarding hacking, cheating, and or code manipulation/ game engine manipulation will not be lifted. We check logs daily and do offline bans as well.
*Racist, sexist and xenophobic remarks will not be lifted, this indicates the attitude of the player, ability to work as a team, and potential toxicity.
*Lying in your appeal, is cause alone for a ban not to be lifted and may be cause for a ban to be extended, this indicates the integrity of the player and the trust among other players.
*The owner of the account is responsible for all actions taken on the account. There is no way for us to identify the individual behind the account, therefore a ban will not be lifted because someone else was using your account.

Second please read the server rules. https://www.naksquad.net/nak-server-rules/
Lastly, if you would have read the information provided about the markers, you would have seen that the markers are only visible for 1000m. You need to take all commonly recognized steps to prevent team killing, such as checking your map or verifying a target outside of thermals. The use of tactical ping is the most common method to verify targets.

1. Mouse/Dyslexic
  2. Player Steam profile- Steam Community :: DyslexicMouse
  3. IMG attached
  4. Name of the admin, and approximate time of ban and the server you were banned from.
    Bandit [A, about 8:15pm pmt
  5. Any explanation or justification. Reason the ban should be lifted.
    I hadn’t killed anyone, i was actually re spawning. Was I kicked to make room for friends of admin?

Mouse,

You have been warned multiple times about team killing, you have been banned for team killing, and yet we continue to receive reports about you team killing. You are failing to take commonly recognized steps to prevent team killing, such as checking your map, and using written/verbal communications which is considered intentional team killing. Friendlies are also marked with a hexagon within 1k of your location. You changed your name immediately after the ban and tried 4 times to join before submitting this appeal. You then again tried to join the server several hours after submitting your appeal.

For you to imply that any we favor certain players over others is an insult to the entire NAK Community and has absolutely nothing to due with the topic at hand. I see too many red flags and will not risk the enjoyment of the players in our community or any more of the admins time.

“You have been warned multiple times about team killing” …No one said anything, nor would I have intentionally been reckless. I am new to this game, so maybe I don’t know where to look for these messages. My in-game teamspeak is on, and I can see the chat in the bottom left.
I tried to rejoin, 4 times, because the first warning read “you have been kicked, rejoin in 137 seconds”.
I changed my name because i thought this was all a mistake in the system. didnt get the ban notice until 4 hours later.
Can you explain why if you TK someone your screen goes black yet this never happened to me.
This is the second time in less than a week you have kicked me and the only TK on your server was one of my first times playing, where I had gone to scroll wheel to revive a friend and my finger rolled on to my mouse. I feel like I’m being confused with some one else.
Wasn’t trying to imply that you have a white-list, or that you favor players(not unheard of) I am truly and honestly trying to think about how or when I killed a team mate so that I don’t ruin mine or anyone’s experience in my arma 3 future.

In the meantime I hope to hear back from you so we can clarify this mistake.

Mouse,

On 05/28/2019 @ 11:58 PM - (Side) ReaperOne: Be Advised MOUSE PLEASE WATCH YOUR FIRE YOUR FIRING ON FRIENDLIES THANK YOU !!!

You were banned after this instance. After you had served your ban issued by a different admin I would have hoped that you got the message or reached out for some help if you were having problems. This was not the case. We received additional reports of team killing from you in teamspeak as well as written communications which you said you are able to see in the bottom left. Additionally, stating that you didn’t get the ban notice until 4 hours later is simply not true. The messages below clearly state what you saw.

06/01/2019:
10:52 PM (Side) Roh: your shooting friendlys mouse stop
10:52 PM (Side) Roh: MOUSE STOP SHOOTING FRIENDLYS
10:53 PM (Side) Roh: Mouse TKing with intent after being warned
10:54 PM Player Mouse was kicked (Intentional TK) by Bandit [Angel 1]
10:56 PM Bandit [Angel 1] added BattleMetrics Ban (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1])

*This is where you try to change your name and re-join with the message stating what the broken rule was:
10:57 PM Player DYSLEXIC was kicked (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1])
11:08 PM Player DYSLEXIC was kicked (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1])
11:29 PM Player DYSLEXIC was kicked (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1])
11:38 PM Player DYSLEXIC was kicked (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1])

06/02/2019 1:48 AM
Player DYSLEXIC was kicked (RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing - expires - perm. By Bandit [Angel 1]

If you had been forthcoming and admitted that you made a mistake, they do happen, and hadn’t implied that we favor players I may have considered reducing your ban. If you wish to discuss this more feel free to join us on teamspeak @ ts3.naksquad.net and send me a message so we can talk about your behavior.

The ban still remains until we have the opportunity to talk on Teamspeak.

Thank you, I’m currently downloading teamspeak and appreciate you taking the time to hear my case.

Mouse,

After careful consideration and speaking with you in Teamspeak the ban will be reduced to 7 days based on the following criteria:

1. You are a newer player and are here to learn. You have been given links to our Main website and told to use the remaining time of your ban to familiarize yourself with the Server Rules. Our YouTube channel link has also been passed your way with tutorials to help this learning process.

2. You have been given permissions in Teamspeak to speak with other players and have help available from the admins as needed. As stated in our conversation you are not to interrupt players from in-game related activities on any channel but may ask questions when comms are quiet.

3. You put a short reply back to show acknowledgment of this criteria.

Thank you for your time and I can’t wait to be a part of the team.

also, will be returning under my official name DyslexicMouse, and will remain under that username across all platforms on the NAK community.