Removed - Ban Appeal - 7Amps

Please use the temple below for your ban appeal.

1. EXACT IN-GAME NAME: 7Amps
    (Yes, we will know if you attempted to change your name, all aliases are bound to your steam account. Provide the name you were using when you were banned.)
  2. YOUR STEAMID 64

Instructions to retrieve your SteamID 64
Option 1
Access your Steam Community Profile URL in any web browser
At the end of the URL add ‘?xml=1’ without quotations and press Enter.
The web page will change; search for ‘’ and copy the number immediately following.
Option 2
Use https://steamidfinder.com/
3. SCREENSHOT OF THE BAN MESSAGE OR THE TEXT OF THE MESSAGE DISPLAYED UPON ENTERING THE SERVER.

You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Kick (DDOS attack banned for Perm - expires Perm by VileAce [Admin]))

4. NAME OF THE ADMIN: VileAce
(Appears in the ban message)
5. APPROXIMATE DATE AND TIME OF THE BAN: maybe… 3 weeks ago?
6. THE SERVER YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU WERE BANNED: Either ALTIS or MALDEN
7. ANY EXPLANATION OR JUSTIFICATION FOR WHY THE BAN SHOULD BE LIFTED: I loved Nak servers, never had an issue or said anything offensive. The ban caught me by surprise one day when I got home from work and tried to get on, I thought ARMA servers were down or something but I later realized i was actually banned?

Your IP was responsible for 2 denial of service attacks which is why you were banned.

Both attacks peaked 13107 packets per second. The first attack took a large portion of all bandwidth at 18.6Mbit/sec. The number of packets your IP sent would be normal for more than 1 hour of play, and there is zero reason to send 18.6Mbit/sec of data to the server.

You would need to explain how and why that amount of traffic was sent to the server from your IP why you were online. Without a resolution to this issue, I can’t risk you being allowed to connect to the server as you were greatly affecting server performance, and at this level of attack could prevent anyone else from connecting.

DDOS Attack Detail
Attack Start: 2019-10-07 18:21:50
Attack End: 2019-10-07 18:31:52
Destination IP: 108.61.9.162
Max PPS: 13107
Max BPS: 18.6Mbit

DDOS Attack Detail
Attack Start: 2019-10-06 15:40:37
Attack End: 2019-10-06 15:50:38
Destination IP: 108.61.9.162
Max PPS: 13107
Max BPS: 5.1Mbit

Wow… That is extremely weird.

I have next to no knowledge of all this IT stuff, but ill do my best to research it on my end.

Ill let you know once I figure out what caused it.

Okay…

So, I was looking at the dates, the 6th and 7th…

Here’s the thing…

I had moved from Florida to Montana that month, and I didn’t have wifi set up until the 8th, so I was using my phone mobile Hotspot to connect my laptop to ARMA for those 2 days.

I strongly believe that was the cause of the unusual spikes in data transfer.

Since I have wifi, I have had zero issues or complaints.

I’d like to request the ban be lifted. I doubt there will be any future problems, as Ive said, i love NAK servers, i almost exclusively played them, I just haven’t had time to register on here and put in a ban appeal ever since I was banned.

I will give you one more chance because you did change IPs on those dates and the IP was from a T-Mobile allocation. I did look at all of your IPs to see if any had ever been reported for potential abuse and it came back negative. We normally would not unban someone that was potentially involved in a DDOS attack, but I feel that it might have been a fluke event. If I find any evidence that any of your future actions are questionable the ban will be reinstated.

For anyone else that reads this - normally using a mobile provider for wi-fi will work okay, but if you have to do so, make sure that you have a good connection, it is possible that the increase in traffic was due to dropped packets caused by a poor connection.