Role based weapon selection

For the upcoming re-release of NAK Tac we are going to allow players to have a greater selection of weapons per role. NAK Command would like your opinion on which weapons should be available for each role. If you have feedback or comments on this, please take a few minutes to complete the list below.

Below are the basic roles that we are planning, list all weapons and scopes that you believe each role should have available.

Squad Leader

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Fireteam Leader

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Medic

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Rifleman

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Grenadier

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Automatic Rifleman

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Designated Marksman

• Weapons
  • Scopes

Spec Ops - All Weapons and scopes as other roles +

• Weapons
  • Scopes

I am also considering additional options based on rank - such as AT or AA for Staff Sgt and above.

Added a few more positions: Radio, Sniper, Spotter; Pilots
Recommend: All ACE items be allowed for custom saves
Break down would mean 1 Squad Leader with 2 Fireteam Leaders.
Each Fireteam would consist of 9 operators (FTL, Medic, Radio, 2 Rifleman, Engineer, Grenadier, AR, DMR)

Uniforms: Remain the original setup

Squad Leader (1 Position)
Weapon: SMA: HK416 w/ M203; M4A1 w/ M203; MK18 w/ M203
Scope: SMA: 4x Elcan or EoTech

Fireteam Leader (2 Positions)

Medic (2 Positions)
Weapon: SMA: HK416; M4A1; MK18
Weapon: Cup: M16A4
Scope: Cup: Trijicon ACOG TA31F

Radio Operator (2 Positions)

Rifleman (4 Positions)

Engineer / EOD (2 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: AA12; M1014
Scope: Vanilla: ACO (Red)

Grenadier (2 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: 6G30

Automatic Rifleman (2 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: M240; M249; M60

Designated Marksman (2 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: M14; M110; L129A1 w/ HG; Mk12 SPR
Scope: Vanilla: AMS

Spec Ops (6 Positions)
Weapon: All SMA; All Cup
Scope All SMA; All Cup

Sniper (Sniper Team) (1 Position)
Weapon: Cup: L115A3; M24; G22; M40A3
Scope: Vanilla: AMS / LRPS

Spotter (Sniper Team) (1 Position)

Pilots (4 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: MP5A5
Weapon: SMA: M4A1 SBR

FT’s are going to be 6 players each. The FLT and SL will have flexibility to assign “speciality” roles based on mission needs. The reason I listed the roles as I did was intentional.

During normal server operation all players will have medic and engineer abilities as previously requested, so the engineer role is not needed.
During event operation if engineer is needed than SL will assign the ability to an existing team member.

I intentionally left off the RTO. The Squad Leaders and FTL will carry LR radios.

I again intentionally left the Pilot of to discourage pilots from attempting to engage enemies. The idea was that they would not be carrying a primary weapon.

For Spec Ops I intentionally did not list roles as it is up to the Squad Lead of SpecOps, for the given mission to assign the team as needed. SpecOps will be limited to 4 players including the SL for a majority of the operations.

Reason I listed Pilots was if they needed to defend their aircraft. Hence why only an MP5 sub machine gun.

Pilots:
Pilots (4 Positions)
Weapon: Cup: MP5A5
Weapon: SMA: M4A1 SBR

As for specialty roles I understand those might be chosen by the squad leader. In which the weapons I listed should be offered to select from I suppose.

i was trying to add up to 31 players and 1 Zeus making it suitable to a 32 player server

Squad Leader
Weapons - HK416(GL), M4A1 Tactical (M203), Scar L STD EGLM, MK18 MOD1 (M203)
Scopes - ELCAN Specter, EOTECH EXPS2-2, EoTech Holo, MICRO T2, Spitfire Vortex 3x RDS, RCO, MRCO, Trijicon ACOG
Fireteam Leader
Weapons - HK416, M4A1 Tactical Standard, Scar L STD, MK18 MOD1
Scopes - ELCAN Specter, EOTECH EXPS2-2, EoTech Holo, MICRO T2, Spitfire Vortex 3x RDS, RCO, MRCO, Trijicon ACOG
Medic
Weapons - M4A1 Tactical Standard, Scar L STD, MK18 MOD1, Steyr AUG
Rifleman
Weapons - M4A1 Tactical Standard, Scar L STD, MK18 MOD1, Steyr AUG
Grenadier
Weapons - M4A1 Tactical (M203), Scar L STD EGLM, MK18 MOD1 (M203)
Automatic Rifleman
Weapons - M249E2, Minimi Mk 3. 7.62, M60, M240
Scopes - RCO, MRCO, EOTECH EXPS2-2, EoTech Holo
Designated Marksman
Weapons - M110, L129a1, Scar H STD
Scopes - EoTech 552 3x Magnifier, ELCAN Specter, DMS, MOS, Trijican ACOG
Spec Ops - All Weapons and scopes as other roles +
Weapons - AAC MPW (Carbine, Long), Steyr AUG, M4A1 Tactical Standard, Scar L STD, MK18 MOD1, Tavor 21, HK416

The way that I am limiting player roles during normal operation is a little different than what most are used to. I hope to have the server up for testing tomorrow. After/during testing I will post an explanation about when and how roles become available. This is not the best place to explain it because we are getting off topic, but as a quick example a squad can have unlimited Rifleman, but the DM role will not become available until at least 2 riflemen roles are filled. This type of limitation is configurable for each of the roles. I will sent it to what seems appropriate, and we can make changes as needed.

The way we are going to try doing it for Special Operations is going to be a little different as well. Each FT will have more roles available than what “should” be filled. This allows the FTL and Squad leader to pick the six roles out of the 8 or 9 they have available. that make sense for that mission. It also allows us to easily add an extra person to a FT if we do not have enough players to make a whole new FT, but to many for FT’s of six.

I am trying to give the players a lot of flexibility.