Save Zeus missions

NAK Squad has recently unlocked the ability for a whitelisted Zeus to save a mission created while on the Zeus server. As a whitelisted Zeus you can now run the Development Tools>Copy Mission SQF and Development Tools>Execute Code Module. At this time the Execute Code Module may only be used to save Zeus created missions and when part 2 of the Zeus Save and Load Tutorial is released we will allow whitelisted Zeus the ability to create a mission in the Arma 3 Eden editor and export that mission so that it may be imported into the Zeus server with the Execute Code Module.

https://youtu.be/VEO1kSWfLFo

To save a mission created while on the Zeus server:

Build your mission

Select Modules> Development Tools>Copy Mission SQF

Select the options needed to save your mission keeping in mind the information in the video.

Select the code generated

Copy the code

Save the code in a text editor.

To reload a saved mission:

Select Modules> Development Tools>Execute Code Module

Paste the code from your text editor

Make sure ‘Mode’ is set to ‘Local’ and click ‘OK’.

Be aware, the “Execute Code Module” module is very powerful for a Zeus with knowledge of scripting. With great power, there also comes responsibility. If we see any Zeus is using the module for anything other than loading saved missions, the Zeus will be banned and their whitelisting removed. If there is some other code that you would like to run, speak to Volcano or VileAce.

hey vile. i have seen your new video on youtube about saving missions, i was wondering can i do that on the zeus server becouse on the rule number 6 of the zeus rules it sais this 6) NO USE OF UNAPPROVED SCRIPTS.

You may use the Achilles “Copy mission SQF” module to save a mission created in Zeus and then use the “Execute Code Module” to load that previously saved mission (SQF). At this time limit, the “Execute Code module” to loading saved missions only.
that is my question

Hey Dani,

AS Vile Stated in this post at the end :

If we see any Zeus is using the module for anything other than loading saved missions, the Zeus will be banned and their whitelisting removed. If there is some other code that you would like to run, speak to Volcano or VileAce.

So running a script to “Load a saved mission” is considerd an approved script. so it will not break the rule.
keep in mind, if someone puts another script hidden inside it and say "he just loaded a saved mission that ““had a script in it”” " will break the rule.
The “load a saved mission” is only to spawn buildings, items, units, and vehicles that are ment to shorten the time needed to build a mission and not to do any other stuff.

hi volcano thanks for reading my question, now i know what to do

This function is being disabled again as it is being misused. We will try to figure a method to allow it again in the future.

Hope you guys find a way to do it. I LOVED being able to make Zeus Missions in advance and not have to worry about rushing to set things up!

Could have it so that Admins sign off on a mission PBO and that only they can run it on the server?

this is how it is at the moment. no one other than an admin can run a custom pbo on the zeus server